MUAs and Stylists
For basic shoots the model is often expected to do their own hair and makeup. For specialized shoots, such as vintage, horror, fashion, glamour, or editorial, a make-up artist (MUA), body artist, special-effects (SFX) artist, and/or a hair stylist may be required. Sometimes you can find a talented individual who can handle several of these roles. The following is a list of Ottawa and Gatineau-area artists whom you can contract for your shoot. In some case, if the shoot is particularly interesting, you might even be able to work out a trade-for-print (TFP) arrangement.
- Body Artists: Only provide body art.
- Make-up Artists: Only provide makeup. Some MUAs will provide general makeup styles, others cross into the body art category by offering conceptual looks.
- Hair Stylists: Only provide hair styling.
- Special Effects Artists: Only do special effects makeup such as prosthetics, bruises, wounds, etc.
- Make-up and Body Artists: Can provide either general makup or body art.
- Make-up and Special Effects Artists: Can provide either general or special-effects makeup as required.
- Make-up Artists - Hair Stylists: Provide both makeup and hair styling.
- Make-up and Body Artists - Hair Stylists: Can provide general makeup, body art, or hair styling.
- Make-up, Body and Special Effects Artists: Can provide general makeup, body art, or special-effects makeup.
- Make-up, Body and Special Effects Artists - Hair Stylists: Can provide any type of makeup (general, body art, or special effects) or act as hair stylist.